Tuesday, August 14, 2007

My Fave Five: Classic Cartoon Dogs

My buddy Finn got me thinking...he posted about the top ten fictional dogs of all time, and then posted his own. As I thought of mine..I realized they were mostly all classic cartoon dogs. Human mom has exposed me to some fine TV watching!

So here are my Fave Five Classic Cartoon Dogs:

Dino: The Flintstones dog, who every day ran over Fred when he arrived home from work. (Just like most of us do!!) He was ever watchful over Pebbles and always added great comic relief!

Muttley: First appearing in Hanna-Barbara's Wacky Races, Muttley was the sneaky sidekick of Dirk Dasterdly. While quiet on words, Muttley had that trademark laugh when the plotting to cheat during a race.

Hong Kong Phooey: "As fast as he can be!". Classic take on bumbling doggy janitor by day, and kung-fu butt kickin' crime fighter by night!

Scrappy Doo: "Puppy Power!!" The mighty mite cousin to everypup's beloved Scooby-Doo, Scrappy came onto the later shows with his bravado and skill to offset Scoob's scaredy-cat attitude. I love Scrappy.

I think of all, my top fave has to be...
Sam the Sheepdog: Brought on as a running gag with the Looney Tunes, Sam the Sheepdog would clock in on the fields, as would Ralph (aka Wyle E. Coyote). Off to work, Sam watching over the flock, and Ralph forever trying to lure one of the sheep into his clutches. But everytime, poor Ralph's plot was foiled by Sam, who just happened to be at the right place at the right time with little effort put in. Simply genius.Who are your favourite classic cartoon dogs??? Comments always welcomed!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My favorite cartoon dog is Snuffles from Quick Draw McGraw. He was the dog that always wanted treats - ah ah pointing in his mouth - once received, he would float up in the air, hug himself, make mmmmmm noises and float back down to the ground!!! My Puggles are soooooo the same way with their "treats"!

Anonymous said...

WHat about Scooby Doo???

Cashew and Blackie